January 23, 2018
Member Only Board of Directors
Norton Event Center
1601 E. Third St., Suite 138
San Bernardino, CA 92408
7:00 a.m. Buffet Breakfast
7:30 a.m. Meeting Called to Order
8:30 a.m. Adjournment
Presiding: Kristine Scott
- Approve Minutes from January 16, 2018
- Approve support for CORE Affordable Housing Communities Program Application for Arrowhead Grove
Group Discussion: Advocacy Trip Effectiveness and Opportunities
Moderator: John Mirau
Our meeting on January 23 will be dedicated to a member-only group discussion on “Advocacy Trip Effectiveness and Opportunities,” as we begin to prepare for our Sacramento trip on March 12-13 and our Washington, D.C. trip on May 20-23. Please give some thought to our efforts and come prepared to contribute to the discussion. We need your input!
- How effective have our meetings and advocacy trips been? What are some suggestions for improving our efforts?
- Are we meeting with those who can really impact our issues and able to make things happen? What can we do differently?
- How can we leverage the personal contacts of our Inland Action membership?
- How can we better utilize the lobbying professionals who are working on behalf of our member organizations?
- Are there ways to better organize our trips, presentations, meeting schedules?
- How beneficial are our evening events?
Future Board Meetings:
1/30/2018 Executive Committee Meeting – Executive Committee Members Only
2/06/2018 Member Only Meeting – Sacramento Issues and Committee Work
2/13/2018 Open Board Meeting in Ontario – Fontana City Manager Ken Hunt
2/20/2018 No Meeting – President’ Day Weekend
2/27/2018 Sacramento Issues Due
Sacramento Advocacy Trip: March 12-13, 2018