On April 25, 2023 Inland Action met with Sabrina Gonzalez. Executive Director of the Civil Rights Institute of Inland Southern California. Ms.Gonzalez presented an overview of the Institute, that opened its doors in January of this year.
The Civil Rights Institute of Inland Southern California is the marquee component of a 92,000 square foot project that will also provide 72 units of urban workforce housing and a new home for the offices of the for Fair Housing Council of Riverside County.
As the voice of civil rights for Inland Southern California, the Institute will:
- Provide public programming and children’s programs focusing on civil rights and the region’s civil rights history
- Program exhibits and performances that support civil rights activities
- Create a digital archive of regional civil rights materials
- Conduct oral history projects and support the production of civil rights audio and video productions through the media center
- Recognize the region’s civil rights leaders and their impacts