On April 5, 2022, Inland Action held their virtual State Advocacy Day. Meetings were held with the members of Inland Empire Delegation and staff members. The photo was taken during the meeting with Senator Richard Roth.
Inland Action’s top priorities in the 2022 Legislative Platform were:
- Urge innovation and flexibility in transportation funding to meet the growing needs of Inland Southern California’s transportation network. (Page 14)
- Support strategies to serve individuals with mental health and substance abuse disorders, including the Governor’s Community Assistance, Recovery, and Empowerment (CARE) Court Teams. (Page 7)
- Urge transformational investments in K-12, community colleges, and four-year universities to ensure many more Inland Empire students are prepared for college, have the means to afford college, and receive the support services they need to be successful and graduate in a timely way, including AB 1746 (Medina) and SB 851 (Portantino). (Page 10)
- Support legislation to accelerate projects addressing water infrastructure needs, including SB 991 (Newman) and AB 1845 (Calderon). (Page 17)
- Support AB 2387 (Garcia) – Safe Drinking Water, Wildfire Prevention, Drought Preparation, Flood Protection, Extreme Heat Mitigation, and Workforce Development Bond Act of 2022. (Page 15)
The entire platform can be viewed on our website homepage.