The Southern California Association of Governments is accepting applications for enrollment in their Housing Policy Leadership Academy. Participants will learn fundamentals of developing housing policy, develop a common set of facts about our housing crisis, and collaborate on a policy proposal to address housing challenges in our region. Applications are due by January 10, 2022.
Housing Policy Leadership Academy-Applications Now Open
Join local thought leaders and community members in advancing policies to accelerate housing production and create more inclusive, vibrant communities by participating in SCAG’s Housing Policy Leadership Academy.
Applications can be completed online and are due by Monday, Jan. 10, 2022.
- Learn the fundamentals and nuances of housing policy and development
- Develop a common set of facts and language for discussing your region’s housing supply and affordability crisis
- Analyze the structural and socioeconomic complexities of the local and regional housing markets
- Build local networks and shared understanding across sectors
- Collaborate with peers on a policy proposal to address one or more housing challenges in your local community or region.
SCAG is the nation’s largest metropolitan planning organization, representing six counties, 191 cities and nearly 19 million residents. SCAG undertakes a variety of planning and policy initiatives to plan for a livable and sustainable Southern California now and in the future. For more information about SCAG’s regional efforts, please visit scag.ca.gov.