Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Guest Speaker: Supervisor Dawn Rowe, San Bernardino County
Join us in our offices to meet our guest speaker. Use the main entrance on the East side of the building.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 836 5021 2501 Passcode: 373751
7:00 a.m. Socializing among members
7:30 a.m. Meeting Called to Order
8:30 a.m. Adjournment
Presiding: Chair Lowell King, Goodwill Southern California
- Staff report on work during August hiatus.
- Approve Minutes of July 19, 2022.
- Appoint Dr. Sam Gibbs as alternate member to Reggie Webb, Cooperative Economic Empowerment Movement, replacing Dr. Judy White.
- Appoint Riverside Community College District Vice Chancellor, Institutional Advancement and Economic Development Rebeccah Goldware as alternate member, replacing Marisa Yeager, Riverside Community College District.
- Ken Coate, Environment Committee Chair, recommendation to support the Southern California Edison Alberhill System Project.
Chair of the Day: Eric Ustation, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
In 2020 a San Bernardino County voter-approved initiative enacted a County Charter Amendment that, in addition to other issues, limited the term of County Supervisor to one four-year term, made the position of County Supervisor part-time, and reduced the salary to $60,000 a year. A new County Charter Amendment addressing these limitations and establishing additional new requirements for raising taxes in County-governed special districts has been approved for the November 2022 ballot. Supervisor Rowe will discuss the upcoming initiative and details of the proposed amendments.
09/20/22: Senator Jim Brulte, California Strategies
09/27/22: Breakfast with the Inland Empire Legislative Caucus hosted at ESRI (8:15 am gathering and continental breakfast). Then roundtable 8:30 am to 9:30 am with optional tour to follow.
SAVE THE DATE! 10/12/22: Inland Action’s 60th Anniversary Celebration