Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Hybrid Meeting In-Person and via ZOOM
Present: Megan Barajas, Deborah Barmack, Peter Barmack, Carole Beswick, Mike Burrows, Rachelle Bussell, Mark Cloud, Ken Coate, Michelle Decker, Dr. Sam Gibbs, Louis Goodwin, Otis Greer, T. Milford Harrison, Mark Kaenel, Lowell King, Steve Lambert, Michael Lewin, Darcy McNaboe, Miguel Mendoza, John Mirau, Dan Murphy, Robert Nava, Vikki Ostermann, Bansree Parikh, Thomas Rice, Michael Rivera, Dan Roberts, Dan Schenkel, Eric Ustation, Lupe Valdez, Pete Van Helden, Reggie Webb, Michael Wells, and Frank Zabaleta.
Announcements: 1) All Inland Action members have been invited to attend the White House Initiative Latino Economic Summit at California State University, San Bernardino on Thursday, November 17, 2022, from 8:30a.m. to 2:00p.m. Please let staff know if you would like the electronic information to allow for registration. 2) The annual San Bernardino Turkey Trot will be held in person on November 24, 2022, at 6:30 a.m. or you may join or virtually. For more information http://www.sbturkeytrot.com/
Motion by M. Burrows/Second/Passed: Minutes from October 25, 2022.
The membership was notified that the 2021 tax returns were placed on the web site for review. Appreciation was expressed to Frank Zabaleta for his thorough review and suggested revisions.
Motion by K. Coate/Second Passed: 2021 tax returns approved.
Steve Lambert expressed appreciation to all that attended the Inland Action Retreat on Saturday, November 5, 2022. There was excellent participation by the attendees, and it was a nice opportunity to get better acquainted.
Participants of the retreat were asked to comment and discuss their experiences at the retreat.
Key points included:
- Equity and social justice issues are the work of all Inland Action Committees.
- Interaction among Committees is essential to the group’s effectiveness.
- Meetings of Committee Chairs will be scheduled to facilitate interaction and collaboration on issues.
- Inland Action will reach out to folks in the Central Valley to discuss collaboration on similar issues and strategies.
- Inland Action should reach out to manufacturing and powerful influencers to develop understanding and potential for collaboration. (Such as Environmental Defense Fund, unions, etc.)
- Inland Action will evaluate the potential for public outreach on strategic issues.
- Zoom and in-person meetings enhance member engagement and will be continued as a member service.
Appreciation was expressed to Steve Lambert and his wife for facilitating the retreat.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 a.m.