November 12, 2019
Member Only Board Meeting
Norton Regional Event Center
1601 E. Third St., Suite 138
San Bernardino, CA 92408
7:00 a.m. Buffet Breakfast
7:30 a.m. Meeting Called to Order
8:30 a.m. Adjournment
Presiding: Louis Goodwin
- Approve Minutes of November 5, 2019
- Update on Fixed Base Operations-San Bernardino Airport
- Discussion re support for John Holcomb, Federal District Court nominee
- Committees to work on 2020 Federal and State Legislative Platforms
Inland Action Talking Points for Leg Discussion
November 12, 2019
- Review draft schedule.
- The dates for trips are hypothetical until we get legislative calendars.
- Washington, D.C., platform must be final a month prior to trip.
- Congressional staff will be assisting with review of items and scheduling meetings.
- Need to work on Federal and State issues simultaneously. Less than two months between trips. Last year’s Sacramento trip was too late in session for us to have a meaningful impact.
- Members should tell staff if they have resources that can help IA on our trips; i.e., employees or advocates in Washington, D.C./Sacramento who could help with understanding issues, assist with appointments, provide a briefing on what to expect in our meetings.
- Issues should be well thought out, concisely described, and contain supportive details.
- Committees need to tell staff what meetings would be beneficial beyond our legislative delegation; i.e., Committee Chairs, committee staff, agency staff, etc. (Establish a course for pursuing our issues.)
- Staff will contact the same facility for reception as last year as soon as a date is established.
Inland Action DRAFT Legislative Calendar 2019/2010
5 Open Meeting – Congressman Pete Aguilar
12 Closed Meeting – Legislative Advocacy Discussion and Committee Work
19 Open Meeting – (Ontario) Angelov Farooq, Chair California Workforce Board
26 Closed Meeting – Legislative Platform Committee Work
3 Open Meeting – Ray Wolfe, Gold Line Connection in San Bernardino County
10 Open Meeting – Mike Roos, Southern Calif. Leadership Council
178 Open Meeting – (Hold for Nastri)
24 No Meeting on Christmas Eve
7 Open Meeting –
14 Closed Annual Meeting & Legislative Platform Committee Work
21 Executive Committee Federal Issue Papers Due
28 Closed Meeting Pres of DC Leg Issues & Priority Selections
4 Closed Meeting
11 Open Meeting – (Ontario)
18 No Meeting after President’s Day
25 Open Meeting –
3 Closed Meeting DC Trip Information and Issues Review
8-11 Washington, D.C. Advocacy Trip
17 Member Only Meeting Washington, D.C., Debriefing
24 Closed Meeting Com. Work on Sacramento Platform
31 Executive Committee
7 Open Meeting – Sacramento Issues Due
14 Closed Meeting Sacramento Issues and Priority Selections
20/21 Sacramento Advocacy Trip
28 Closed Meeting Sacramento Debrief
5 Member Only Meeting
12 Open Meeting –
19 Open Meeting –
26 No Meeting after Memorial Day