Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Member Only Board of Directors Meeting
Norton Regional Event Center
1601 E. Third St., Suite 138
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Present: Patti Arlt, Deborah Barmack, Peter Barmack, Carole Beswick, Mike Burrows, Rachelle Bussell, Ken Coate, Jennifer Cusack, LaDonna DiCamillo, Kevin Dyerly, Adam Eventov, Ashley Gaines, Louis Goodwin, Otis Greer, Mark Kaenel, Lowell King, Pam Langford, P.T. McEwen, John Mirau, Dan Murphy, Steve PonTell, Keven Porter, Thomas Rice, Michael Rivera, Dan Roberts, Kristine Scott, Hassan Webb, and Ray Wolfe.
Announcements: 1) Members and Alternates were reminded to complete the annual Conflict of Interest questionnaire and return it to staff. 2) The legislative reception Inland Action will host in Washington, D.C will be at a brownstone located directly behind the Rayburn Building. Appreciation was expressed to Congressman Pete Aguilar who facilitated getting the venue. 3) A request for sponsorship/underwriting of the D.C. reception on Tuesday, March 12, 2019 will be e-mailed. 4) The Greater Ontario Business Council will present Vision 2019-the Intersection of Community & Commerce on Thursday, February 7, 2019 at Double Tree Ontario, 222 N Vineyard Ave., Ontario from 7:30 AM -10:30 AM. For more information, sponsorship or tickets go to www.ontario.org 5) The San Bernardino County Regional Business Summit and State of the County will be held on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at Citizens Bank Arena. For further information and registration please go to www.SBCountyAdvantage.com
M/S/P: Minutes from January 22, 2019
Louis Goodwin, Chair asked the Inland Action Committee Chairs to present their issues.
- Urge increased federal support for workforce training initiatives and programs that will successfully serve Inland Empire employers and workers.
- Urge support for programs that increase equitable access to education and help produce more skilled college graduates to meet workforce needs.
- Support improved college access and completion through Pell Grant aid to students.
- Reduce criminal recidivism by supporting Second Chance Pell Grants.
- Close the gap between advantaged and disadvantaged students by funding Title I.
- Ensure students with disabilities have access to high-quality public education by supporting the IDEA Full Funding Act (HR 2902).
- Support H. 376 (Cook) to provide for conservation, enhanced recreation opportunities, and development of renewable energy in the California Desert Conservation Area.
- Support the 2019 California Desert Protection Act (Feinstein).
- Support funding for continued management of the Salton Sea.
- Support California Waterfix and California EcoRestore to ensure more reliable long-term water delivery for California.
- Support Water Conservation Tax Parity to provide tax exempt status for water conservation and storm management devices.
- Support behavioral health funding.
- Support protection of the 340B “Drug Discount” Program.
- Support and protect the positive gains of the Affordable Care Act.
- Support the appointment of qualified candidates to fill existing judicial vacancies in the Central District of California, especially in the Eastern Division of that Court, serving the Inland Area.
- Support REBUILD Act introduced by Congressman Ken Calvert.
- Clean Air Act Conformity.
- Support major Federal Infrastructure Plan with adequate funding.
Louis Goodwin, Chair asked those present to select no more than 4 categories’ as Inland Actions Priorities.
- Economic Development & Education
Meeting Adjourned 8:34 a.m.