Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Open Board of Directors Meeting
San Bernardino Community College District
114 S. Del Rosa Drive
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Present: Deborah Barmack, Carole Beswick, Tom Brickley, Matthew Buck, Ken Coate, Scott Davis, Kevin Dyerly, Louis Goodwin, Dick Hart, Mark Kaenel, Lowell King, Pam Langford Bill Lemann, Sue McKee, John Mirau, Brian Reider, Jan Remm, Kristine Scott, Hassan Webb and Ray Wolfe.
Announcements: 1) Member Hassan Webb attended Rep. Pete Aguilar’s roundtable meeting with some of the Inland Empire’s largest employers. The discussion focused on what improvements can be made at the federal level to help alleviate unnecessary burdens facing businesses that employ large numbers of Inland Empire residents. 2) Sue McKee announced her retirement from UCR effective June 6, 2016.
M/S/P: Minutes from April 19, 2016
A list of the Sacramento delegation was distributed and will be e-mailed for verification purposes. The group was asked to submit the agencies and legislators with whom they would like appointments. The following preliminary list was distributed.
- Senator Bob Hertzberg – Judiciary; Natural Resources
- Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson – Judiciary Chair
- Senator Connie Leyva – Education; Rules; Transportation & Housing
- Assemblymember Eric Linder – Transportation, VC; Higher Education
- Senator Mike Morrell – Banking & Financial
- Senator Richard Roth – Policy Committee on Transportation & Housing
- Assembly Member Cheryl Brown – Jobs, Econ. Dev & the Economy; Vet Affairs; Transportation
- Assemblyman Chris Holden – Judiciary; Appropriations; Trans & Interconnectivity Solutions
- Assemblyman Chad Mayes – Republican Leader
- Assemblyman Jose Medina – Chair, Higher Education
- Assemblyman Jay Obernolte – Appropriations; Budget
- Assemblyman Freddy Rodriguez – Budget; Health; Rules
- Assemblyman Marc Steinorth – Health; Housing & Community Development
- Assemblyman Mark Stone – Judiciary Chair
- Chris Calfee – Senior Counsel, Office of Planning and Research re: CEQA guidelines/traffic guidelines
- June Clark – Judicial Issues
- Martha Guzman-Aceves – Deputy Legislative Secretary re: Cap and Trade
- Mona Pasquil – Appointments
- Anne Hawley Assistant
- Mac Taylor – Legislative Analyst
- Tina McGee Assistant
- Randall Winston – Strategic Growth Council
Monday participants should plan to have lunch at Vallejo’s Mexican Restaurant. A dinner will be planned for Monday night, location to be announced. Expected attendees for the dinner include Senator Mike Morrell and Assemblymember Mark Steinorth.
The group has room 115 in the Capital reserved for Monday, May 16, 2016 where the entire delegation can meet with electeds.
The Committees broke into their respective groups to work on state issues.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 a.m.